Monday, June 28, 2010
Here's my second finish for this month. It's a baby quilt using a Dick and Jane panel that I've had in my stash for some time. I showed it to my daughter-in-law one time when she was visiting and she loved it . When it was still in panel form, I thought it was a bit boring so I wanted bright primary colors to, hopefully, enhance the panel. I hope I didn't go too far with the brightness, but I really like it and hope the baby and his parents will as well.
I pieced the back. This is only the second back I have pieced. I think I was a little intimidated, but found it was easy and fun. I had an extra block in the panel that was suitable for the front, but I only needed five so I decided to put it on the back and will use it for a label. I quilted it using red thread and a decorative stitch on my machine. I had great fun making and quilting this quilt. Let me know what you think.