Friday, February 17, 2017

Quilts and Pictures

As I said a couple of posts back, we moved in October. The last few months have included a lot of unpacking and and getting the house together. I did manage to get the greatroom completely decorated for Christmas. After Christmas every thing looked very plain and as a result cold, so it was time to get something on the walls. I hung the pictures and they looked pretty nice. My husband's comment was, " The pictures look great but where are your quilts? You've made so many beautiful miniature quilts and they should be displayed in the main area also." That comment made me think and after spending a few days just looking and planning I decided he was right and this is the result.

Some art purists might shake their heads and shutter, but I'm really liking the quilts and paintings together. If you look closely you will see that I finished the little quilt I was working on in my last post(bottom center of the second picture). 
I also hung a few quilts in the hallway.

As you can see there is a lot more room and the other side of the hall has even more room than this one so I'd better get busy. The calendar quilt is still on January. There is construction happening in the basement and I can't get to the other months yet. Hopefully soon!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Your little quilts look great on the walls and as long as you enjoy them, who cares what anyone else might think! They are beautiful!

Shasta Matova said...

I have paintings and quilts on the walls too. It's all art, so nobody has the right to complain. Your little quilts look great.

Jean Belle said...

Absolutely love your little quilts on the walls. What a wonderful way to put some warmth and color into your new home.