Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September's Mini

Just in under the wire, here's September's Mini. I was wondering what to do for September when I received an email asking if there is a pattern for a mini Dresden quilt I made to honor my Mom( if you would like to read the original post go here). The instructions for this one were a little harder to write but they are done to the best of my abilities. So without further ado here it is.

The Dresden Plates in the pattern I have provided are slightly different. The quilt pictured has thirteen blades in each Dresden, the pattern has twelve. I intended to make a twelve bladed Dresden and drafted the pattern a little wrong and had to add number thirteen. The pattern has been corrected and your finished quilt if you choose to make traditional Dresden Plates should look like this.

Here's my completed traditional block. Yea! It has twelve blades.
I have also included a foundation pieced version.
Here's my foundation pieced block.
You can find the entire pattern here.
As always if you have any questions, feel free to email me.
I hope you enjoy this pattern!

11 comments:

Marcy said...

I love the look of 30s fabrics and the Dresden pattern. The paper pieced block looks good too! All those itty bitty parts.

Alison said...

Very cute!

Farm Quilter said...

Such incredible patience!!! I so admire quilters who can piece mini quilts...all the pieces are so tiny, I would get lost!!! Looks wonderful!

Vicki H said...

I have never made a Dresden block, this mini is definitely on my to do list. I love it.

Ramona said...

Your quilt is adorable! Thank you for the pattern. It looks great out of the 30's prints.

Jean Belle said...

Adorable quilt. Thanks for the instructions. Hope I can make my own version sometime soon!

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh! That itty-bitty Dresden quilt is wonderful. I really like the look of your 13-bladed plates.

Julie Cefalu said...

This is just too cute! Thank you for sharing the instructions.

Jayne Honnold said...

Sweet little quilt. Thanks for providing a pattern. I'm stopping by from Sew Many Ways linky party. (I'm the 16-patch star.)

QuilterBee said...

I love making miniatures! Thank you sew much for your pattern!

Cheryl D said...

Thank you so much for sharing this pattern! It is so pretty and exactly what I was envisioning for the heirloom project I would like to give to my family!
I have a feed sack pieced cover from my husbands gram and would like to 'redo' it into your mini quilt and frame it so my kids and grand kids have it to cherish!!! Thanks so much again!!