Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Busy Month

If you are looking for this month's mini quilts I'm going to be a few days late. It's been a very busy month. First of all, I needed to complete four seasonal mini quilt for a basket I donated to our guild. It was auctioned off at a silent auction for the Utah Quilt Guild last week. I promised your finished pictures so here goes.
Spring
Summer
Autumn
Winter
The Complete Basket
All finished and given away(sigh of relief)! 
I also had a wonderful visit from my son, his lovely wife, and my sweet grandson. They are from the bay area and we love their visits. My son and his family that live nearby also spent a lot of time with us. It's so fun to have them all here and watch these little cousins play together.
The only trouble is that they are growing up so very fast.
Yesterday was our grand reveals and beginning of the new year at Block of the Month at a local quilt shop. Here's my quilt using blocks from the past year. I only completed 16 of the available 24, but it was enough for a cute baby quilt.


It's always fun to begin a new year of blocks. Our theme this year is nursery rhymes and our fabric choices are red and white, and pastel thirties fabrics. I think that I'll do both. I'll try to keep up and show you them month by month.
 

8 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I think you should put those patterns up for sale, I would buy them all. I really love the Autumn one!!

muis 2 said...

Wow, those are stunning minis!!! Love them all!!
And those cousins are adorable!!! :)

beth s said...

super cute baby quilt...and wonderful minis! Wow! You've been busy.

Sharon - IN said...

What a lovely basket you put together for your guild! So nice you got to enjoy the grands. Cute BOM too!

Kate said...

The Mini's basket turned out beautifully! As did your BOM!

Sally Hurley said...

Those are all so pretty. I really love the winter one!

Marsha Hodgkins said...

Goodness! How did you part with those gorgeous minis? You are such a generous soul. I really loved all of them and would hate to choose one above the others.

Heide said...

What stunning minis, Lucky person who wins them!