Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Finish and Three New Projects

First let start with the finished project. My great nephew is getting married(does that make me sound old or what). For his fiancee's shower I made a set of pot holders to go with our kitchen themed gift. I tried to pick colors I thought they would like. I think the hearts in the background are appropriate.
Now for the new projects. I'm making set of 12 1/2" season blocks to go on a table top stand. These will be donated as a raffle basket to the Utah Quilt Guild from the local guild that I belong to. I've had a lot of fun designing and making them. I still lack the winter block but it's ready to sew. Completion is in sight!
Spring
Summer
Autumn
The buttons are not sewn on yet. I'm waiting for the quilting to be completed. I'll be back with the winter block pictures soon.

8 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

All your blocks are unique and lovely! Can't wait to see the winter block.

Jean Belle said...

These are totally adorable!

Marcy said...

Unique and beautiful. The potholders rock too.

Barb N said...

Those are fantastic blocks - just love 'em! Did you make the patterns yourself?

Vicki H said...

I love your blocks, especially the summer block.

Bonnie said...

What nice blocks. Looking forward to seeing the winter one.

Vic in NH said...

Lovin' those potholders!

desertskyquilts said...

They are all nice, but Spring is shouting at me to make it! Pot holders are so cute, and I like the way you bind and loop together.