Thursday, January 29, 2015

Two Baby Quilts

I started these baby quilts clear back in August and decided it was time to get them finished. First is one a made from a couple of panels by Pam Kitty Morning. I used fabric from the same collection for the sashing and borders. I love the old fashioned feel of her illustrations. They remind me of the picture books I used to read as a child. 
 The second is a quilt pattern from McCalls Pattern Company. The pattern number is M6721. However my quilt looks nothing like theirs, I bought the patterns because I loved the appliques. I wanted a square quilt instead of something to fit a crib so I improvised. I think it turned out really cute. I love the bright happy colors. This was a really fun quilt to make. The appliques are large and easy to sew around.
I'm now working on another project that I started in August. August was a good month for starts last year, but not so good for finishes! I hope to have pictures soon.

5 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Both are adorable, but the Pam Kitty!!

Jean Belle said...

Very cute! Both are so bright and cheerful.

MartiDIY said...

I love both of them. I like seeing how people use panels and that one is great.

Ariane said...

These are both super cute! Lovely finishes!!

Michelle said...

Owls and hedgehogs? That's got to be the cutest combination ever!