Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Finally a Finished Project to Share

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. We did around here. All the family was home and we were able to spend almost a week together. I did a good amount of sewing for Christmas and didn't take pictures. I will try to get some and show you later. Finally when the everything settled down and I had time to sew, I decided it was time to get my cross stitch quilt sampler ready to hang. The patterns are from the Little Miss Shabby blog. As always, I embellished and, in the case of one block, replaced with one of my own. I also designed and added sashings and a border. The original pattern had a more modern look, mine is more me. I then added pieced fabric borders and it's ready to hang.
 I hope to get a couple of baby quilts quilted this week. The tops have been quilted for a while. I will take pictures!

7 comments:

CĂ©line said...

It's so nice !

Lara B. said...

Very beautiful! You made it look amazing - like a real quilt!

Barb N said...

That's a lovely quilt - huge amount of work but totally worth it. Love your color combos.

knettycraft said...

What a beautiful work! I love your choice of colors very much.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Very amazing....all those tiny pieces...I admire your work!!

Nancy said...

Amazing work. I assume this is not a large sampler.

Quiltsmiles said...

It is stunning. Love your border treatments and the finish.
Would love to hang out with you awhile. You have many talents with the needle.
Jane