Monday, January 26, 2015

A Train Quilt


My oldest grandson loves trains and asked for a train quilt. I wanted to make one that would be appropriate for a good many years to come, so that means nothing too juvenile and that wasn't easy. There are many cute baby patterns out there but not so many that would appeal to a child as he gets older. I finally found one on Etsy by Rebecca Ruth Designs called "Night Train". Of course, I made changes to suit my project and added large borders so it would fit a twin size bed. The quilt was fun and went together fairly smoothly.
The borders are an all over train print designed by Kate Ward Thacker for Kaufman Fabrics.
Here's a close up of the the pieced center.
 And of course we need one of my dear grandson "sleeping" ;)!
I had a pretty productive week last week and managed to finish the two baby quilts I was working on. I will be back later this week to show them to you.

8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

This quilt is adorable and perfect for a little boy.

Debbie

Barb N said...

Yes, this is what quilts are made for - perfect! And he loves it, too :)

Kat Scribner said...

The train quilt is wonderful! So delightful for your grandson.

Sally Hurley said...

That quilt is awesome! What a lucky kid.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Cute quilt and I think he really likes it :)

Cathy said...

That quilt is adorable! I can see he loves it.

Ariane said...

I really love this quilt! It's perfect for a growing boy!!! Love it!!!!

Scrapatches said...

So cute! ... oh, and the quilt is wonderful, too ... ;) I love the layout and colors and fabrics ... <3 Pat