Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Quilt and a Sweater Set

I made both of my grandsons quilts for Christmas this year. My younger grandson loves rockets and space, so his quilt had to have a space theme. Here's his quilt.
 I had bought the panels that I used in this quilt a couple of years ago, but the background of the panel just didn't work so I cut out each illustration and surrounded it with blue star fabric. This quilt was fun and easy and the lady that I had quilt them did a wonderful job. The space ship border fabric matches the curtains that I made him last summer. 
 I knitted my new granddaughter a sweater and hat for Christmas in a lovely soft coral yarn. I actually made the hat twice because I misplaced the first one and after an extensive search, I decided it was just easier to make a second. I have found the first one so she has a spare. It's still a little big for her but should be perfect for spring.
 I hope to have pictures of my older grandsons quilt soon. 

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That is just the sweetest sweater set! And I'm sure your grandson adored his quilt!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Cute quilt for a little cutie!! Beautiful knitting and of course you would find the first hat.....after you finished the second!

Scrapatches said...

Another cutie! ... and again the pattern and fabrics and layout is sew sweet. Lovely sweater and hat set. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat