Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Few Projects

If you are a regular reader you know we moved to a new house in December. I have since been mostly painting and I'm nearly done. The last painting projects were my sewing room and the guest bathroom. I'm working on getting my sewing room how I want it. Pictures to follow in the future. I have also been trying to get the bathroom to be a pleasant place for guests. I started with some wall hangings for those bare walls. The patterns are by Erin Russek at "One Piece at a Time" from past block of the month designs that she offered for free on her blog. They are no longer free but she does sell them.


I also made a new shower curtain from some fabric I found at Home fabrics for $3.00 a yard in clearance. 
Here's the completed bathroom. It's hard to get a very good picture because of the size of the room.
I have also been working on the blocks of the month from our local quilt shop and I made some curtains for my grandson's room. I'll be back soon to share pictures of these projects soon. Enjoy your Wednesday!

10 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Oh my, what an awesome compliment to your bath - beautiful pieces!

Sandy D said...

Your bathroom decorations are awesome.

Barb N said...

Those colors brighten up that room so well! WTG on finding such a good bargain for the shower curtain. Isn't it rewarding to know you've done this all yourself?

Ramona said...

What a beautiful bathroom! Love the blue and yellow. Great job!

Lara B. said...

Beautiful appliqué work! The blue and yellow makes me feel so sentimental.

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

The bird quilt is gorgeous! I love how you matched blue and yellow in those two quilts. The use of the yellow check fabric was very clever as it adds lots of depth to the flowers and the corners. They for sure make a handsome bathroom.

Sue Daurio said...

Wow, brilliant with the bathroom make over. I love blue and yellow together and your applique is stunning!!

Dawn said...

What a wonderful cottage feel to your room. Love the blue and yellow colours

Solstitches said...

I'm looking forward to a peek inside your sewing room.
Your bathroom is looking very lovely with the new shower curtain and gorgeous wall hanging.
Love the colour scheme.
Margaret

Valerie Reynolds said...

Oh I just absolutely love your bath!