Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's Been a Loooong Time...

since I posted. Nothing at all for February, but that doesn't mean that nothing was happening, in fact too much was going on. We have put 14 gallons of paint on walls and trim. Our master bedroom was very dark brown and took 3 coats to cover. I wish I could say we are done, but we still have a ways to go. 
I have been working on my Quilty Stitches cross stitch sampler. I've added three more blocks and a top border. Block five is already sashed and ready to stitch. Of course it goes without saying, I've added some embellishments and gone my own way with some of the blocks I just can't seem to follow instructions to the letter. Many thanks to Little Miss Shabby for the patterns and inspiration!


I've also managed to get a little quilting in. Here are my February blocks for a group that I belong to at a local quilt shop. 


I will eventually add applique to the churn dash block and catch up on my December and January blocks.
I also made a baby quilt for my niece. She requested bright, happy colors and is having a boy so this is what I came up with.


Here's a picture of the lovely mom-to-be and the quilt.
I will try to be back soon, maybe with a spring project for you.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I don't envy you all that painting but I'm sure it will be beautiful when you get done. Love your blocks! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Barb said...

We've painted rooms that were red before, and oh my goodness, what a chore to get that covered up properly. Cute baby quilt!

Solstitches said...

Wow, that is a lot of paint!
I hope the end is in sight now?
Beautiful baby quilt. The mom to be is radiant.
Your stitching is magnificent.
Margaret