Thursday, January 30, 2014

So What Has Happened to January?

January has been a busy month with little to show for it. I've mostly been unpacking and organizing. We downsized when we moved, but didn't downsized our possessions enough so I've been trying to see what will fit in this house and what needs to go. I still have a way to go with this process. We also need to paint the entire house, so things are going to be very busy around here.
On the sewing front, there has been no sewing except for shortening some curtains. I hope to be able to get to my machine in February! I did sign up for Little Miss Shabby's cross stitch along(see badge in the sidebar). It's something I can do in the evening while watching TV.  I've finished my first block. 
 I decided to limit my colors to only three, which could be interesting in some of the future blocks. I added cornerstones and checks with french knots for the sashing. I'm enjoying this project and looking forward to more blocks!

4 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Such a pretty block. You must have added the border design yourself - very nice How large is your block?

Solstitches said...

Love how you have put your own stamp on this block Jill.
I debated whether to join the stitch along but have way too many cross stitch project WIPS already.
I shall look forward to seeing your project in the weeks ahead.
Margaret

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love this! I am doing mine on white aida too so was thinking I will need to add some sashing but thought I'd wait until I had a few more blocks done. Beautiful work and thanks for the inspiration.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I love the colors ! :)