Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year...A Little Late!

Just a quick post to let you know I'm still around. We have been without Internet service for nearly two weeks and there has been some major withdrawal around here. It has been a wonderful but difficult holiday for us. Although we did everything we could to speed things up we ended up moving the Thursday and Friday before Christmas, in a freezing rain and snow storm. Not fun, but done! With the help of many local family members we were able to have the house livable and the some decorating done by the time the family from California arrived on Saturday. From then until they left the following Saturday, we enjoyed the season with everyone. Since then we have been unpacking and trying to get things organized(still a long way to go)
Needless to say not a lot of sewing went on around here. I did manage to finish my younger grandson's stocking(pictures to follow) and had my Quilt Etc. BOM quilt from September quilted by a friend with a quilting machine. I bound it and my son and his wife purchased it from me as a gift to her parents. They seemed really happy with it. Here's a picture of me showing it at a guild meeting.
 I hope your holidays were lovely and your New Year will be a happy one!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I hope you are finally all settled in after moving and the holidays. Great photos of your quilt and you!!

Gail Anderson said...

You look great ~ Miss you and your art!