Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Finish and I Won!

Finally a finish! I didn't think I would ever finish this quilt. It just seemed to go on and on. Every time I sat down to work on it something seemed to come up and prevent me moving forward with it. I also wondered if it was actually going to work at all. At one point the corners were pretty wonky and didn't lie flat. As a wall quilt this was essential, but it finally came together.
 I did a ton of quilting on it. Here is a close up of one corner.
 The Henry Glass blog had a giveaway and to win you had to guess (or research) who designed the fabric in their header and I won! They sent me a bundle containing ten half yard cuts from Kim Diehl's Hearthside Seasons. 
 I'm working on designing something using these lovely fabrics so stay tuned. Thank you so much Henry Glass Fabrics!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations on the win! and the lovely quilt finish.

WoolenSails said...

Your quilt looks beautiful on the bed, I never thought to do something like that, a double spread might make it easier for me. Congrats on the win, I was stumped on that one and gave up, lo.

Debbie

Dee said...

What lovely things to have happen! A beautiful finish and lovely fabrics as a win!

Connie said...

Congrats on the fantastic win and your wall hanging looks perfect! Love the colors! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

The Patchsmith said...

Love your wall quilt.