Thursday, June 20, 2013

June's Block

It's June twentieth already and time for another Block of the Month block. June's block is a variation of the log cabin block. I was told it is called geese in the corner, but as with many of these older blocks there may be other names. Here's mine.
Click here for the instructions.
 I thought you might like to see how the first six months look together. First, the planned ones made with fabric purchased for the quilt. 
 Next, the scrappy ones. At first I wasn't sure about these scrappy blocks, but now they are really growing on me. I think I will use a wood grain fabric that I've had forever to sash them. It seems to bring out the little brown squares in the blocks.
Sorry my posts have been so infrequent lately. We are still trying to sell our house and it takes a lot of time and effort to keep it show ready. Hopefully that will soon not be a problem(keep your fingers crossed). Of course, then it will be packing!

2 comments:

Emily C said...

Best of luck with the house sale.

Connie said...

Beautiful blocks and how neat to see all the blocks together! Good luck selling your home! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday