Sunday, March 10, 2013

Working on a UFO and a Win

OK, first up, I have a confession. As you may have noticed, there have not been very many posts lately. I could tell you I'm busy with something I don't want to show yet(not true) or that I've been under the weather(again not true). The truth is I've been a bit on the lazy side and have hit a run of or really good books at the library so there just hasn't been much of a quilty nature to tell you about.
However, I'm slowly getting back to work and am working on an unfinished project that I started last fall. Here's where I left off.
I have since added more corners and I hope to get the borders added today. By the way, the colors in the second picture are more correct than the picture from last fall.
 The last four corners that I added look just a little wonky and that's not the look I'm going for so I hope I can remedy that today too.
Now to the win. I was lucky enough to win a lovely ruler holder from Connie at Freemotion by the River and it's wonderful. So beautifully made! Here's mine put to use.
Connie is giving away another holder now. So stop by her blog and enter here. You won't be sorry if you're lucky enough to win! 

5 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your project is looking very pretty Jill! Thanks for the give away tip - my rulers are everywhere!

Janet said...

I'm with Mary. I'm always looking for my rulers! I love a good book to read too.

desertskyquilts said...

I like your project very much. To me, the corners don't look wonky. Once the seam allowance is out of them with the next border, I think they'll be fine.

Connie said...

Beautiful project Jill and I'm so glad you like the ruler holder! Being out of oak makes it so sturdy. You look like you mark your rulers the same way as me.....thank goodness for painters tape.

Solstitches said...

The applique project is gorgeous - such lovely colours.
Congratulations on the ruler stand win. It looks as though it is very useful.
Margaret