Thursday, March 14, 2013

Designing and Rewards

I love to design blocks and quilts. It's just pure fun for me. I also enjoy writing instructions. As a result I have been able to share some of my designs with you. Two years ago I created a Block of the Month with twenty-five blocks and last year I decided to share them on my blog. I used the thirteen blocks below as headers on a calendar holder. 
 I made the other twelve blocks into a quilt top.

 These blocks are still available(see the header directly under my blog title).
One of the most rewarding results of this is when I find that someone is making and enjoying my designs.  I recently found a quilt on the blog "Sew, Rip, Sew" made from the blocks. Since the maker is Canadian she designed her own block for the July block. Her quilt is lovely. If you would like to see it go here.
She also made another pattern that I shared in October. Here's my version.
 I you would like to see her version go here.
If any of you have made any of shared designs and would love to see them and with your permission link them to my blog.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Thank you for the nice comments about my quilt and the link to my blog.

Solstitches said...

You've designed a stunning set of blocks and been so very generous to share them for free.
Margaret