Tuesday, February 5, 2013

An Exciting Annoucement, A Winner, and A Finish.

I'm so thrilled! My lovely daughter is one of the top ten designers in this years Repeat(ed) fabric design contest over at The Printed Bolt. If you would like to read all about it for yourself, here's the link. My daughter is Jessica Majers, the second from the left in the top row. I'm a very proud Mom!
Now for the winner in my Dare to Dresden giveaway.  Stacey Napier, who said "Beautiful project - just lovely!" is the lucky winner. I have emailed her. 
Finally, the finish. 
 I showed this quilt on a previous post while in the process of machine quilting it. I was intending on adding some fancy quilting after all the "in the ditch quilting" was finished. Well I changed my mind and decided I loved the old fashioned simplicity of the quilting as is. This will hang on an empty wall in my sewing room, just as soon as I finish showing it off at my local quilt guild. This quilt is my January UFO project. I have made a goal to try to finish one unfinished project per month this year. So one down, eleven more to go!
 
 

5 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations proud Mom and talented daughter! Love your finish Jill - the colors are perfect.

grannyanne said...

This is a very pretty quilt and the bonus is that it is finished. Yah! Congratulations to your daughter...

Gwen said...

What a beautiful quilt! And congratulations on your daughter's achievement!

Connie said...

Beautiful quilt and congratulations to your daughter! What a achievement!!
Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful finish, Jill!!!
And congrats to your daughter - the creativity must run in the family!

Thanks for stopping by.