Sunday, December 30, 2012

December's Projects

All the projects I made in December were gifts so I couldn't show them on the blog until after Christmas. The first in line is for my daughter. She recently moved to her own apartment and requested red and sage. I found some lovely fabrics and made her four place mats and two pot holders. 
 For my younger son and his wife, I made three sofa pillows to coordinate with the wall quilts from the last two years and a runner for the top of cabinet in their living room.
 Finally for my older son and his wife, I made six place mats from Moda's Ombre fabric and a solid grey. I was inspired by a recipe from Moda Bakeshop, but I wanted five color sections instead of four. I used solid grey instead of white, because they are place mats and there could be spills.
 Everyone seemed really happy with their gifts and I had fun making them.

11 comments:

Fignie said...

*ALL* your place mats are gorgeous!! What a lovely idea for presents!!

Eileen said...

Beautiful work! Love that last group of placemats!

Clothesline Club said...

Wonderful color schemes Love them all. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Solstitches said...

What gorgeous gifts you made for your family Jill.
I love them all especially the pretty set you did for your daughter.
Margaret

Annette said...

I am on your blog for the first time: I love it!

Ivory Spring said...

What beautiful gifts. The recipients are spoiled by your gifts, I am sure.

Lisa said...

I love them!

scraphappy said...

Beautiful placemats. The grey is so elegant.

Connie said...

Wow! They are all stunning Jill, what beautiful Christmas gifts! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Nima said...

wow..beautiful works. i love that place mat set

Myra said...

Wonderful gifts for the kids. Such different colorways!