Sunday, October 21, 2012

What I'm Working On...

I've been sewing on some projects that I can't show you on the blog yet. They are all slated for future posts. I've also been working on a stocking for my younger grandson and I can share my progress there.
  I'm determined to have this finished by Christmas so I working every chance I get. No more lazing in front of the TV! 
Here's a picture of  a socking, from the same pattern, that I made for my husband a few years ago.
 You will notice the colors are quite different. I always feel that the colors required are just suggestions and feel free to change to please myself or the recipient. The pattern is from Donna Kooler's Ultimate Stocking Collection. This book is full of fun patterns.
Oh, I just can't resist...here's a sneak peak of one of my projects. The whole project will be coming in the Holiday Lane Blog Hop coming Nov. 21 through Nov. 30th.


7 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You are so on top of things Jill! The stocking is going to be a heirloom! And I have not started my Holiday Lane, so your photo will get me started!

Bobi Jensen said...

Wow, that's awesome. Looks hard to me but will be quite a treasure!

I have a weekend link party going if you'd like to join in:

http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-6.html

Kate said...

That's a lot of work but so worth it - beautiful keepsakes.

Rosa said...

It`s absolutely fabulous!!

Connie said...

What a beautiful stocking.....that is going to keep you busy making the second one! Can't wait to see what you're working on for the blog hop! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Solstitches said...

What a cute cross stitch project and the stocking is gorgeous too.
You have chosen some pretty fabrics for the blog hop project. I can't wait to see.

Margaret

Fleurette said...

The stocking is so beautiful!