Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Costume

I just finished this Halloween costume for my older grandson Max. He wants to be a chef this year. He is a dedicated cook in his toy kitchen.
 
I'm really pleased with how this turned out!
Did you know that you can download Simplicity patterns. I didn't, but after going to the store and finding out the pattern cost about $15 and wasn't on sale, I came home and checked their website. It was available for $5 there. Just one warning however, it took 87 pages to print the whole thing out and a while to assemble the pages. I used the fast draft setting on my printer and ended up with a very useable pattern. So I'm pleased and in all fairness there are six different costumes in the pattern.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

This costume is so cute! You did a great job. I used to make costumes for my 3 boys every year and have saved them for grandchildren. My DIL is pretty crafty and likes to do things herself, but I'm hoping she can make use of them:)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is just the cutest Jill! What a great grandmother you are!
Yes, downloaded patterns have their pros and cons.

WoolenSails said...

That is so cute and so beautifully made, he is going to look so cute. I usually go to jo anns and get them on sale or use a coupon.

Debbie

Tonna @ Navy Wifey Peters said...

Cute costume! I would LOVE for you to share this at my Submarine Sunday link party!

T'onna @ Submarine Sunday Aboard the USS Crafty

Solstitches said...

How adorable! I think Max will look very cute in his chef outfit :)

Margaret

Ivory Spring said...

This is the cutest outfit ever!!!! :)

Toodie said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Love it!

TINA said...

Way cute.

Connie said...

What a cute costume and I didn't know you could download Simplicity patterns.....lots of pages though!