Sunday, September 16, 2012

What Have I Been Doing This Week?

It's been a very good but very busy week, especially on the sewing front.  I appliqued a block for a quilt that our guild will be donating.
 I made some cute pot holders for my wonderful daughter-in-law's birthday.
This is a free pattern from McCall's Quilting by Bea Lee called "It's a Hootie". 
 I made eight blocks for my blocks of Japan quilt.
 I only need to make one more block then I can put it together. I think it's going to be really pretty. I love how the BOM club that I belong to pushes me to try new things and make projects in fabrics I would never consider. They usually turn out beautifully and I have fun and learn a thing or two!

8 comments:

Grit said...

Your blue blocks are so beautiful.I love blue .
Liebe Grüße Grit

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Everything is beautiful Jill! Those potholders are the cutest and the blue blocks are going to make a very classy quilt!

Cath said...

Love your work. I have already downloaded that "hootie" pattern! Consider me your newest follower. I found you from sew many ways.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Cathy said...

I love the blue blocks of the sampler quilt.

Sue Daurio said...

What wonderful projects! Love the pot holders! And the blue blocks are just beautiful.

Connie said...

Beautiful applique house and the owl potholders are too cute! Your Japan quilt blocks look perfect! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday

louzee said...

Ohh these owl potholders are so cool! I search the pattern and put them on my to-do-list :)

desertskyquilts said...

I saw the other one above. I think you have a wonderful set of blocks here. It's going to be beautiful.