Monday, September 3, 2012

Design Wall and Learning a New Skill

Here are four of the blocks from Japan that I'm working on. I still need to machine applique the flowers. I'm going to use navy thread so they will have an outlined effect. These are my interpretation of the original block.
 Right now I'm not quilting instead I'm learning a new skill...I'm learning to reupholster furniture. In the picture you will see a chair frame stripped of it's fabric. It took my niece, my sister, and I five hours to get this far and there are still more staples to be pulled. We still have another chair to get to this point. Wish us luck!!!

5 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You quilt is going to be amazing! Good luck on the furniture reupholstering.

Nann said...

Good upholsterers are hard to find. I hope your new skill serves you well! (And it sounds as though you will build up muscle in the process.) Nice quilt design, too.

Cindy said...

The quilt looks great and such pretty fabrics. I think you are very brave attempting to reupholster a chair. Good luck to you.
I have a joke and it's a real story. My niece told me that a friend of her's is, well, not too bright. This teenager was in the car with her family and they saw a sign for "Upholstery" and a younger sister asked what that was. And this girl said, "You know, like chickens".
I crack up every time I think of that!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

This is one thing I am not very good at. I admire people that can quilt. Such a beautiful art....

Solstitches said...

Those blocks are beautiful Jill.
Love the blue flowers.
Margaret