Thursday, August 30, 2012

September's Blocks

September always means "Back to School" to me. Although my children always started school in late August, when I was a child school started the day after Labor Day. The first block is a very easy block comprised of four traditionally pieced apples.
 The second block is an old fashioned schoolhouse with migrating geese and a pine tree. This block is foundation pieced.
 The instructions for both blocks can be found here. The foundations for the second block are also included. If you are a newcomer to my blog all the instructions for the year to date can be found in the tabs at the top of the page. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope your enjoy these blocks!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

The blocks are wonderful: I especially like the geese over the school. Thanks for sharing the patterns.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

They are both great blocks Jill. The apples are my favorite.

Cindy said...

Thanks for the blocks. I especially like the apples. I might make it as small table mat. I really like to place those around the house and give them as gifts.

Solstitches said...

Both blocks are lovely Jill.
I love your little red schoolhouse.
Margaret

Celtic Thistle said...

The geese in the school block are just the perfect touch!

Connie said...

What wonderful blocks! I really like the schoolhouse and the geese!! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday

cottonreel said...

I did an apple hanging similar to your a few years back . I will do the house . Just tried for the pattern , it came up try again later.
Love the re,do on the chairs