Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Finishes!

Finally some finishes. First the quilt for my younger grandson is finally completely finished! I'm really happy with it and hope that he and his parents like it too. They've had to wait long enough!
 I also finished my Calendar Quilt top. I had planned on a more elaborate border, but after I put the first one on, I decided that I didn't want any more. With the each block so different and so many colors, simplicity seemed to be the best plan. I cut thirty one 2 1/2" x 14" white strips on the straight of the grain and twenty 2 1/2" blue printed squares for the sashing. My borders are 4 1/2" wide using the blue printed fabric and are also cut on the straight of the grain. I don't plan to quilt this one for a while but when I do, I will bind it with white binding strips.
I finally worked up enough courage to join and use flicker. Silly huh! I now have a group set up for you to share your versions of my Calendar Blocks. I would love to see any blocks you have made and any projects you have made using these blocks. They can be any project of yours or one made using any of the extra projects that I have provided. Please join and share your work! Just click on the icon below to join.
  This has been a very busy month so far. We had a wonderful Fourth of July shared with my daughter, my son and his family, and my sister's family. When my daughter is in town it means extended shopping trips because everything is so much less expensive here than in San Francisco. We had so much fun and she went home with some great bargains. I've also spent some time painting. You are going to say "What again!" Well me too! I'm through with all painting projects this year. I painted my bathroom vanity white and my old beat up cedar chest was antiqued. Here's the cedar chest finished and I am thrilled to have it looking good again. It makes me think of Mom and Dad who gave it to me for my last year at home. I think they would be happy with what I've done. The paintings are by sister.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Both quilts are awesome! I need to make my 1year old grandson another quilt, but haven't decided on the pattern. Mmmm...

Solstitches said...

The finished calendar quilt top looks fabulous! The blue border and white sashing looks fresh and pretty.
Love the little boy quilt and what a nice job you did painting the chest.
Margaret