Monday, June 25, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Just a quick post to show you what I'm working on. If you follow my blog, you will know I have a free block of the month going this year. We are through the first six months. The blocks are designed as 14 inch calendar blocks and there are two each month. There have also been some projects made using the blocks. Since I only made one calendar for my house, I have 12 extra blocks that I'm putting into a quilt. Here are the first six months of the blocks with the sashing. 
  The second six months are also put together. I will show you those with July's blocks in a few days. If you are new to my blog and would like the instructions for these blocks, they are in the pages just below my blog title.
I'm also working on my grandson's quilt. It's layered and ready to quilt(next project).
 I'm really happy with how it's turning out! I have a nice soft minky fabric on the back, perfect for cuddling on cold winter days.
Be sure to check out more design walls over at Judy's Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks so much for offering the free blocks. I intend to start making some up soon, when I get some other things finished. Isn't it always like that - so many projects, so little time!

ANudge said...

Those are great blocks! And I love the crisp, colorful fabrics you are using for them. Your DGS's quilt is precious.

ScienceMel said...

These are beautiful blocks. I've been following them for some time and can't wait to see the entire set (then I'll pick which ones to make). Cheers.

Toodie said...

You are so talented! I love your blocks, as well as the colors and fabrics you use. and I LOVE the quilt you're working on for your grandson!

Solstitches said...

The blocks look so colourful and happy together. It is going to be a beautiful quilt.
Margaret