Monday, May 7, 2012

My Design Floor and a Finish

Here's what I'm working on now. It's time to finally finish this quilt! I spent most of the evening last night ironing on the appliques. Today the hand-guided machine applique begins. I hope to finish that by tomorrow and sew it together then. I going to put squares of the print in the corners. If you would like to read more about this quilt go here.
Finally I have finished a quilt. It's been a long time coming and I have many excuses, but we won't get into those! I designed this quilt for Sewhooked's Garden Party Blog Hop last month. If you are interested in the block and project patterns go here for my original post (the giveaway mentioned is over).
I added an extra border because I felt it needed more yellow to compliment my guest room. I will post pictures when I finally get it hung. I'm really proud of my quilting on this one so I took a close-up. I still don't free motion quilt. I drew the quilt designs on with a Friction pen then quilted it using my walking foot. Then ironed the marks away. It's not perfect but I think it looks pretty good.
 

9 comments:

Grit said...

Beide Arbeiten sehen super aus.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Teresa F. said...

Rwo wonderful quilts. I love the second one. Great colors and wonderful design.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The little boy quilt is going to be adorable Jill. Your quilting looks great!

Nann said...

What a cheerful quilt! I prefer your layout (with more appliques) to the one in the book (in your March post).

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The quilt is going to be sooooo cute!!
And your little quilt is so pretty and the quilting looks perfect. There's nothing wrong with following lines - that's why there's stencils - lol! You should be very proud of such a wonderful creation!

Deborah said...

Such lovely quilts. Love the colors in the sailboat quilt and the border on your flower quilt!

Connie said...

Have fun appliqueing your little boats, trains and cars! Love the way you did your flower quilt, great border! Thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Leslie said...

Your quilt looks lovely, and you should be proud of your quilting - you've done an excellent job!

Solstitches said...

Your flower quilt is gorgeous - love the colours you used.
Adorable quilt for a lucky little boy.
Margaret