Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Where have I been...

Not quilting, no piecing, sew machine is feeling totally neglected and a little rejected, but I have a new kitchen floor! Our old floor was dark, dark, dark, and showed every crumb that came it's way. I'm just not tidy enough for that! We had also had the dishwasher flood it and there was some warping. It was also very soft wood and showed chair tracks and fridge tracks and anything else heavy tracks that came it's way. So it was time for they old floor to give way to a new light shinny laminate floor. The process was an adventure to be sure. We had to tear out the old floor. I estimate about five hundred 2 1/2 inch staples fastened it down! We had to pull most of them out separately after the wood was pried up. Then our son helped with installing the actual floor. Finally we had to add and paint the trim. Here's the result.
I think things look a lot more cheerful and it doesn't squeak anymore. Now I just have to get busy and sew. I will be back soon with instructions for May's BOM blocks.

4 comments:

Toodie said...

Looks awesome!

Ivory Spring said...

Looks wonderful!

kentstyras said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

It looks great!