Saturday, March 31, 2012

April Free Blocks

I'm back with the blocks for April. When I think of April, I always think of the old saying "April showers bring May flowers". So I've tried to go with an umbrella theme. Dresden Plates have always reminded me of looking down at the top of an umbrella, especially the one with pointed edges, so this months traditional pieced block is my version of a Dresden Plate.
For my foundation pieced block, I went with actual umbrellas. Please note that these foundations do not include the 1/4" seam allowances that my other foundations have included. Do not cut on the outer line, instead place your ruler's quarter inch line on the outer edge and cut. This will add the needed seam allowance.
This month looks to be a busy one for me so instead of extra projects, I'm adding an extra block. It is a basket block that you can fill as you wish. I filled mine with Easter eggs fussy cut from some fabric in my stash. A friend of mine made the block and put flowers in her basket. I don't have pictures but it was lovely.
 You can get the instructions for these blocks here. I hope you enjoy the blocks! If you would like to email me pictures of any of your block, I would love to include some on my blog. My email information is in my profile.

7 comments:

Solstitches said...

All three blocks are lovely Jill.
If I had to pick a favourite it would be the umbrellas. I love the bright, happy fabrics used for the umbrellas and the way the background fabric looks like rain.

Margaret

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

My favorite is the traditional block but the umbrellas are very cute too. Thanks Jill.

whistlebet57 said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful Blocks. My fingers are itching to start.
Elizabeth

Peggy said...

Hope you are feeling better. I love your work. I am doing all these blocks. Thanks so much for them, they are really something.

Margo in Maine said...

The umbrella one is my favorite but they are all nice...nice Spring colors...

Connie said...

Beautiful blocks, thanks for sharing!

Guilitta said...

I love your blocks and the tips to finish them.

Greeting Guilitta