Monday, January 23, 2012

What's on My Design Table

It's still Monday here. Yes, about as late as you can post on Monday before it becomes Tuesday. What can I say I've been caught in a riveting book. So while there is still time here's what's on my design wall. It's a baby quilt for my 9 month old grandson. I cut it out last summer, then it got put on the back burner until I finished a bunch of other stuff. I've made him some other quilts so he has not gone without!
And here's the pattern I'm using(kind of).
  I don't seem able to follow a pattern without making changes and this one's no exception. I'm going to make it square instead of a
rectangle. I've also made the blocks larger because I want to put other modes of transportation in the blank blocks. My son requested a transportation quilt and I think this fits the bill. I found this pattern in this book.
 My Mom gave it to me when I first started quilting in the nineties.
Oh, by the way, the riveting book I was reading was "The Yellow House" by Patricia Falvey. It's an Irish historical novel and I had a hard time putting it down.
You can check out other design walls at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Rosa said...

Love your designs.

Myra said...

That will be a simply darling quilt for your little guy J!! Lovely... ;)

I'm looking through books and mags deciding on the two I have to make now...

Happy stitching!

Solstitches said...

That is going to be such a cute quilt for your baby grandson.
I love a good book recommendation so will have to go to Amazon to check it out.
Margaret