My goodness where did this month go. I have achieved a bit, but not nearly as much as I hoped. I've got to get going...I've a new grandson coming in the first part of May and I haven't made a single baby quilt for them yet! I have, however, decided what quilts I'm going to make. So at least I know what I'm doing.
I finished the ancient UFO that I showed last post. I finally got it hung today and I'm really happy with the results.
It's hanging in my sewing room and I love finally having something on the wall. I have a few more wall hangings in the works and hope to finish them in the next six months.
I've also made progress on my PhD. The applique is finished and last post I thought I had figured out how I was going to put it together, but I was wrong. After much thought and indecision, I finally decided not to make a single large quilt instead I'm making 3 smaller quilts. Although I have the room to hang the large quilt at this time, that may not always be the case. I, also, felt it would be a total pain to quilt a quilt that size and I really want to quilt it myself. So I have divided it into three long wall hangings.
As you can see the days run vertically now instead of horizontal. They are all layered and ready to quilt The first four blocks are started and trimmed which makes it much easier to work with. Hopefully I will soon be announcing a finish.