Friday, December 30, 2011

Free Block of the Month: January Blocks and Calendar Holder

Here it is 2012's Block of the Month! First a little information about the blocks.  I designed the blocks as calendar blocks so each block reflects a theme for the month. The blocks are designed to be 14 inches square if bound and used as stand alone blocks on your calendar holder. If you would like to use them as part of a quilt, they will finish at 13 1/2 inches. Each month will include instructions for a traditional pieced block and a foundation pieced block. Please be sure to make sure that you don't scale down when you print out the foundations. The calendar holder will hold a finished block and paper calendar up to 14 inches wide and 12 1/2 inches long. So without further ado here are January's blocks and the calendar holder. Just click on the red print, it will take you to a Google document. Click on the download original button and it will download a PDF to your computer.
These are the blocks I made.

I will be setting up a flicker group where you can share you versions of the blocks. I hope you like and use these blocks!

7 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

This is awesome Jill! Maybe I'll get a start on your BOM before we head South for a few months and then catch up on it! Thank you for all the work that went into this.

Charlene S said...

I just love this idea! Thanks for doing it.

Michelle said...

I just found your blog from Sew Many Ways and look forward to doing you Calendar BOMs.

Ivory Spring said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Susan said...

These are great and I know a lot of people are going to want to do them. I'm putting a link on my quiltbom site, but it would help if there were a way, such as a label, for people to find all the blocks.

Thank you for doing one that isn't paper pieced, too.

Rosa said...

Such beautiful blocks patterns.Thanks for shaaring

Wonky Girl said...

Great idea for a different kind of BOM. I think I will try to keep up with this one:)
Thank you for offering!