Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Couple of Quilts I Couldn't Show Before, Etc.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We certain did around here. 
I thought I'd show you a couple of quilts that I made as gifts. The first is for my oldest son and his wife. It is a cuddly lap quilt with a cozy flannel back. It's a Moda Bake Shop pattern called Sugar Pop N Change Quilt by Melissa Corry. I added another row to make it longer and some corner squares to the sashing. It was great fun to make and I'm pleased with the results. The fabric is from Connecting Threads.
 The second quilt is a free pattern from Hoffman called Go With the Flow by Stephanie Prescott. Again I made some changes. The original is made with some watery looking batiks. I wanted a more bold, graphic look. This quilt is for my second son and his wife and is intended to hang on the wall behind their sofa. They seemed very happy with it.
 I have been thinking back about the quilt projects I've worked on this year and the one I'm the most proud of I haven't mentioned much on this blog. This past year I designed and wrote the instructions for 25 blocks for our guild's block of the month. It was fun as well as completely challenging. I have decided to share them with you also. So starting in the next couple of days I will post instructions for two blocks a month except for the month that Easter falls in. That month gets a bonus block. The blocks are designs as calendar blocks and can be used as either a stand alone block to attach to a calendar(I will provide instructions for that too) or made into a quilt. I hope you will enjoy my blocks and please feel free to share the news with others. I appreciate my readers and hope you will enjoy this year in quilt blocks.

6 comments:

Patchwork Penguin said...

They are lovely, thank you for sharing. I really love the gold, red, and black... very stunning!

LesQuilts said...

Oh! That would be sooo wonderful!
Thank you!
Take care, Happy New Year, Leslie

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Both gift quilts are beautiful Jill! Can't wait to see the blocks you designed.

Teresa said...

I like them both, Love your fabric choices! Maybe, now I'll have a chance to get these blocks done this year. Made Damon 5 pillowcases tonight. The kid knows how to get to me!:)

Teresa said...

I just looked at the Go with the Flow pattern & I much perfer your version.

Ivory Spring said...

Oh, that second quilt is absolutely GORGEOUS!