Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas at My House Part One

Since all my sewing projects right now are gifts and the recipients may check my blog, I can't share my them with you until after Christmas. So I thought I would show your my Christmas Decorations. I think we will start with my great room. This is a room that includes an eat-in kitchen and small informal family room. Let's start with the tree. First of all you must know I love sunflowers and although they are not a traditional Christmas flower, I think they look beautiful with red and green.
Here's little Oliver enjoying a nap under my Santa at Home wall hanging. Teresa look closely and you will see last years ornaments on the side table!
 Next I added some Christmas quilts to my wall of quilts.
Finally there is another favorite one above the old re-purposed  dresser that hides the TV. I also added a lighted garland, a cute Santa, and some ceramic deer that I painted when the kids were little.
The next picture is another side table with some fun treasures. A tiny quilt shop given to me by a friend, a pine cone tree made by my son in scouts, a snowman teapot from my niece, a Santa that bounces down a pole to find his sleigh, and finally under the copper dome is a magical little tree made by my daughter.
A garland hangs in the arch between the kitchen and family room.
 I decorate my kitchen chandelier and hang wreaths on the pantry doors. 
 My table has a quilted topper with a poinsettia.
  The little shelves to the side of the sink have some unusual Santa's and friends.
And just when you thought this post would go on forever, one last picture. This is my hutch with some of my seasonal teapot collection and some precious ceramics made by my Mom when the kids were little(the two Santa's on the bottom shelf).
 I hope you are enjoying the holidays and finishing any projects that you have in the works. Come back for a peek at part two in the next day or two!

8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wow Jill! You have some gorgeous Christmas decorations. I enjoyed today's tour and will be back to see the rest. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa said...

I love it, like always!

rubyslipperz said...

Wow! You have LOTS of fun Christmas decorations! and, so much energy to decorate. I don't have nearly so much energy. =)

Thanks for sharing with us...it's fun to look at =)

hugZ,
annie m.
anniesrubyslipperz.com

I'm Myra said...

Wow! Your home is wonderfully decorated for Christmas!! Lovely! What a great tree!! Awesome quilts/display too!

Solstitches said...

Where do I start Jill?
Your home looks delightful decked out for the holidays.
I love it all especially your chandelier and the mantel with the lovely Santa wall hanging above it.
It must be lovely to sit and look around you at all the beautiful quilts you,ve made over the years.
Thanks for allowing us a peek into your beautiful home.
Margaret

Ivory Spring said...

I love love love your Christmas decorations!!! Thanks for sharing.

Vivian said...

So many wonderful holiday quilts and decorations! Your house certainly is festive during the holidays! Thanks for sharing this link at Val's!

Valerie Reynolds said...

Yes, thanks for sharing under our Tuesday Achive Display theme....it's the perfect post to rejuvenate!! Beautiful work!