Wednesday, November 2, 2011

This Week's Project

Just a quick post to show you what I'm working on. My niece's birthday is today and I have been working on a lap quilt for her. My original pattern was a freebie from Benartex, but of course, I can't seem to ever just follow a pattern so I changed it. You can see the original pattern here. I wanted my quilt bigger and I changed the trees just because I liked my version better. So without further ado here it is. 

Just the top for now and that's how I'll wrap it up for her. Then I'll bring it home and quilt it, hopefully finishing it before the weekend is over! The fabric is from Susan Winget's "Noel" from last year.

5 comments:

nima said...

wow...that's gorgeous...me too like the trees your style....i love it

Cheryll said...

Oh your neice will LoVe this quilt. How could she NOT ? It's wonderful!

Solstitches said...

Oh that's gorgeous Jill.
What a wonderful gift for your niece.
Love those reindeer.

Margaret

Myra said...

It is wonderful!! I like your changes to the pattern! 8-)

Ivory Spring said...

Oh, how festive!!!!