Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Two Projects I'm Working On

Just thought I'd give you a peak at what I'm working on right now. The first one is going to be a block tote for my BOM group. It will be folded in half and open to reveal the blocks and a pocket for all the instructions we receive. It's made from some charm squares that my sister won and gifted to me. I've been meaning to make one of these for a while now, it will be nice to finally have one. I hope it works, I have no pattern and am just winging it!
The next project is way overdue. I promised my sister a tree skirt for for her birthday in March. I didn't have time to make it then, so I'm finally getting to it. This from a pattern I designed myself and made up for one of my trees last Christmas. I didn't show the completed skirt on my blog, but I'll show both as soon as I complete my sister's tree skirt. This is a picture of the ornaments simply laid out on the background. I will cut out the sections and fuse the ornaments, applique them, and sew the completed sections together and then quilt it. Stay tuned!
And lastly...I happened to look out of my back door the other night just at dusk and the clouds catching the last of the sunlight and it took my breath away. I thought I'd share with you!
 I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

3 comments:

Myra said...

I've a block carrier too. Folds in half... I've seen some that you roll too...

Lovely tree-skirt that will be!! Lucky sister! 8-)

Awesome clouds photo!

Solstitches said...

Two lovely projects in the works.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the block carrier turns out.
Margaret

Sandy said...

I like your tree skirt.
I mailed your Santa gifts last Tuesday, Oct 3, have you received them?