Friday, September 30, 2011

New Blocks and I've Entered a Contest

Here it is the very last day of September and it's been a long while since I have posted. All I can say is September got away from me. I've enjoyed family visits, attended a wonderful quilt show, and coped with the fall allergy season. I have not done much sewing. 
September is when the Block of the Month group that I belong to starts a new project. This group is run by a wonderful local quilt shop called Quilts Etc. and is so much fun. This year the theme is blocks from Japan. We are presented with monthly designs, fabric and history lessons. This year we will be given two designs, one easier and one intermediate. I going to try and complete both blocks each month. We had a choice between a blue and white colorway, and a red, black, and gold colorway. I choose the blue and white because I thoroughly tired of the black from last year. So far I love the boldness and simplicity of my blocks. The blocks measure 9 1/2" unfinished.

Now for what happen to last year's blocks? Yes, I had planned to finish that quilt before I started this one. Did I? No! It has become a UFO until after Christmas. I hoping that the four month rest will give me the time I need away from the black fabric!
Now on to the contest. I entered a miniature quilt that I made some time ago in the weekly contest. This weeks theme is flying geese. I think I have shown this little quilt before on my blog, but not for the last while so I'll repeat.
If you would like to vote for my little quilt or any of the others go here.

2 comments:

Ivory Spring said...

Jill,

I am LOVE those blues!!!!

Myra said...

Awesome blues!! I like! 8-)

I went to vote, but couldn't find the vote button... I guess it is closed now...