Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What I'm Working On

Just a quick post to show what I'm working on. I'm designing this quilt for a guild challenge and need to have it finished by Thursday night (not that I leave things to last minute)! 
So far I have finished most of the foundation piecing, just four more blocks to go. I love foundation piecing for the results you get, but find it very labor intensive and time consuming. It will be fun to do the simple strip piecing for the borders. My husband helped me figure out what to do for borders last night. I was too tired and had lost all objectivity, so it was nice to have fresh eyes.
Also, I thought I'd show a new picture of Oliver. He's growing up. I think he is probably full size now. Check out those long legs!


7 comments:

Karenkay said...

OMgoodness that is so beautiful!!

Elaine said...

This is going to be very beautiful.
I agree paper piecing is intensive but sure helps with results.

Stray Stitches said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Love the color combination.
Caveliers seem to go through that long legged teenage look. My mother has 3 and I remember thinking at one time they looked all legs :)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your challenge quilt is gorgeous Jill!

Myra said...

I love what you are working on there!! Very attractive!! Thumbs up to your hubby for his help! 8-)
Oliver certainly has grown lots!! What a cutie! 8-)

Sandy said...

The doll quilt is very pretty and I'm sure the guild will like it -- it's hard not to..

Solstitches said...

Oliver steals the show but your quilt is very lovely also :)
Margaret