Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm Playing Catch Up!

And none too soon. I have not been a good member of my First Saturday of the Month Block of the Month group. I have missed quite a number of the meetings and that means I'm way behind on my blocks. I worked today on them and was able to finish two more. The first block is the one due at next month's meeting, so for once I'm actually prepared ahead of time!
This block was fun and easy to make. I used different colors than the instructions called for. I was supposed to use a really light yellow where the orange is and the orange in the rectangles surrounding the center, but I like bright colors.
The next block is one of my catch up ones.
I made it differently than the instructions also (are you detecting a trend here). I'm also very happy with this block.
Here's the others that are finished.
So now I'm up to eight and should be at eleven. However, I'm going to to use the one in the lower right corner in a center medallion, so instead of just needing three more blocks to be caught up, I need four. I'm also questioning the block in the lower left, it just doesn't seem to fit in with the others. What do you think...do I need to replace it too? I could always use it as a label. Please let me know what you think!
 

3 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your blocks are gorgeous Jill. The one in the lower left has very large pieces in comparison to the rest. I'd put it on the back and make a cute one to replace it. I know you know how!!

Ivory Spring said...

Hi Jill,

It's lovely to hear from you! Your blocks are definitely coming along. I love that second one.

Solstitches said...

Your blocks are stunning with the bright colours on the black background.
I LOVE the pink and blue one.

Margaret