Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Here's hoping that you and yours have a lovely Independence Day. We are having family over and then watching fireworks. I dug a couple of UFOs out to finish for tomorrow and the rest of the month. Both projects are designed my Debbie Mumm.  I think I pieced the first top in the mid-nineties. It has languished in a box since then. I had it pinned and ready to quilt but decided I wasn't happy with the batting so I changed that. The quilting was fast and easy. It's finished now and even hanging. 
 I pieced the second project in 2006. I made two and the time and gave one to a neighbor. I had it already to go. The top was finished. the backing ready, even the binding was made and pressed. I sandwiched and quilted it. It's hung also.
I know in the picture it doesn't look quite square, but it is. My photography skills are sometimes kind of lacking! I hope you like my small wall hangings.

5 comments:

Myra said...

Happy 4th of July to you!!! Looks like you are set for your celebration's decor! 8-)

Shannon said...

They are both great. Good job on both of the finishes.

Sandy said...

Your 4th of July hangings are very cute. I received my swap bag today, and it's simply gorgeous!! I podted piccies on my blog. Thanks..

Teresa said...

I think I remember those! Feels good to get them finished. Very cute. I can't believe its July already, where is the year going??

Ivory Spring said...

Congrats on the finishes. I especially like the second one!