Thursday, June 9, 2011

Finally a PhD Finish!

I finally finished a Phd. Not any too soon either. I can't tell you how good it feels to have this project done. It has hung over my head for over ten years. I'm loving how it turned out and am so glad that I decided to make three banners instead of one large quilt. The quilting was so much easier than it could have been. I did a very simple outline stitch and in the ditch in the pieced areas. I feel this quilt is about the applique and the fabrics (if you click on the picture, you will see that the background is a musical staff).
 Now I just have two more PhD's and a June 30th deadline. I'm really going to try and complete them in time. Wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

It looks great! I love the tri-teck (is that the word?) look. Congrats on the finish!

dq said...

They are beautiful. I've been looking for a 12 days of Christmas project and this is the best one I've seen.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Myra said...

Looking great J!!! Looking forward to your other 2... Good Luck!!! I need it too... 8-)

Ivory Spring said...

These are spectacular!!! Congrats!

QuilterMary said...

I saw this pattern at a quilt show (a long time ago!) and decided it was WAY too much work for me. Yours is WONDERFUL! Congrats on the finish.