Monday, May 2, 2011

What's On My Design Floor and More

Here it is May 2nd already and I have been missing in action for more than two weeks. Our little grandchild that was due the first part of May decided to put in an appearance a little more than three weeks early. Mom and baby are fine as well as beautiful. So I have been busy helping anyway I can as well as sneaking in a little sewing. So here's what's on my design floor right now. 
 It another baby quilt for this for my new little grandson. I'm going to use this pattern somewhat. My son requested a quilt that featured a transportation theme. We found this design in a Leisure Arts Book called "Quick Method Quilts" published in 1994. 
  However as always I will just be using the pattern for inspiration. I want to design my own vehicles, change the size of the blocks, put vehicles in the empty squares, and make the quilt square. Stay tuned for future progress!
I finished the quilt top that was on my last design floor posting. I hope to sandwich it today and start quilting. I changed some of the colors and I'm glad I did. I like the brighter colors much better.
I've also been knitting in the evenings, nothing too spectacular, just some dish cloths. I love the knitted ones and I also like to be able to bleach them when I wash them, so mine are made with white or unbleached cotton yarn. I love to knit patterns so I vary the design with each cloth to prevent boredom. It's a good way to make vegging in front of the TV productive and guilt-free.
 Be sure to check out Judy's Patchwork Times for more great projects!

9 comments:

Myra said...

Love the new pattern you will be working with/adjusting! Too cute!!!

The ABC quilt is adorable! Love your color change!! 8-)

I like the knitted dish clothes also... Come to think of it, time for me to make a few new ones too...

Happy stitchings! 8-)

Chris said...

Too cute!! What baby boy could resist the train quilt? Congrats on the new addition to your family.

Stray Stitches said...

The alphabet quilt is adorable. I really like the bright colors you used. How fun to be doing some knitting :)

WoolenSails said...

Love the quilts and your new pattern.
I need to start looking for kids blocks so I can try some charity quilts.

Debbie

Karenkay said...

Wonderful quilt!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Grandma! That is going to be a great quilt for him. And what is his name??

Ivory Spring said...

What a cute pattern, Jill! I have always wanted to make a train quilt, but haven't.

Solstitches said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson!
Love the two quilts you are working on for him.
The dishcloths are very pretty in the different stitch patterns.

Margaret

Micki said...

The quilt is perfect and I love your knitting too"!
Micki