Monday, May 16, 2011

Design Floor Monday

Since I'm having a major mental block on this quilt,
I've decided to pull this one off of my design floor and get it quilted.
 I started this quilt many years ago, I think it was in the late 90's. This is one of my PhDs(projects half done) and I have made some progress this spring. Six of the block were either appliqued or partially appliqued and I've finished all the applique. Then there was the dilemma of how to put it together. At first I had planned on a single quilt, but finally decided that the triple banner would make it more versatile for hanging and would be much easier to quilt. So this is today's project. Hopefully I'll make good progress, I really want to finish this one. It's been on my plate way too long! 
Be sure to check out other design wall projects over at Patchwork Times.



5 comments:

Ivory Spring said...

Jill,

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your kind words on my Bunny Foo Foo! :)

I think it's a clever idea to use your 12 days of Christmas blocks in banners! I think the visual effect would be stunning.

Nina-Marie said...

Not sure if I love the quilt or the term PhD more! Both put a big smile on my face!

Stray Stitches said...

Using the three sections as banners is a great idea. They are all beautiful!

Rabid Quilter said...

I love everything that's 12 Days of Christmas! I think your idea to make it 3 banners is terrific! They will look beautiful hanging together.

swooze said...

Banners. Great idea!