Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I waffled back and forth on which quilt to feature for Amy's Creative Side Blogger's Quilt Festival, 2011 and finally decided on this one.
 One thing you need to know about this quilt is that it is a mini. It measures just 14 inches square. I made it as a Christmas gift for my oldest son and his wife two years ago. It is made mostly from a collection of fabric that he picked out for me. I also made another quilt from the same fabric that you can see here. I love this fabric and still have a bit more and another project planned using it. I hope you like my tiny quilt. Be sure to go see all the other lovely quilts. You can find them by clicking on the link at the beginning of this post. Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful Jill!
Why didn't I think of a special mini I made to include for the quilt festival?

Sara said...

Grey,yellow and red work sooo well together who knew;) I lovvvve the birds:)

Valentina said...

I love mini's and this one is wonderful!
Fantastic, and thanks so much for sharing-
Greetings from Cyprus,
Valentina

Pattilou said...

That is a quilt that really SPEAKS! Love it!

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt.....

Karen said...

This is such a bright and vibrant quilt. I love the way it has come together. Isn't it great when family become involved in selecting the fabric?

Ivory Spring said...

Oh my, love love love the bold fabrics!

stitchinpenny said...

The fussy cut birds are great. I love the quilt.

Quiltin' Jenny said...

Beautiful (tiny) piecing! I am so impressed. I am always nervous to try a mini but this one is a stunner.

Thanks for sharing.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

These minis just amaze me. Yours is beautiful.

Quiltbenaco said...

Bello, bello!
Ciao

Eileen said...

What a great little quilt. So vibrant and love the design. Thanks for sharing and have a great day