Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday's Design Floor

Here's what's on my design floor this week. I bought this panel years ago while we were still living in Montana. Even though there were no grandchildren on the horizon, I loved the soft colors and intricate illustrations. About a year later, I found the green border fabric at shop in Utah, drastically reduced in price! These two fabrics have resided in a project box on my shelves, but now my new soon-to-be-born grandson is in need of another quilt. 

 As you can see the squares are cut out and ready to sew and I have actually decided what to do with them. Here's my concept quilt worked out using Quilt Pro.
The white squares are where the alphabet blocks go. 
I'm still working to complete the applique on the jungle quilt. I think I can probably finish that today. Then I only need to add borders, layer with backing and batting, and quilt. Here's a picture from last week to refresh you memory of what I'm talking about. This is when I had completed very little of the applique.
 I hope to finish this one in the next few days. I post pictures of the finished quilt, so keep tuned!
If you would like to see what is on other people's design wall, please check out more projects at  Judy's Patchwork Times!

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love those old panels. Really nice designs and something different. The new quilt you are making is also wonderful, really fun appliques.

Debbie

Chris said...

Both are so cute! I love the panels and grandbabies can never have enough quilts. My daughter complains that her daughter has more quilts than she has LOL.

Stray Stitches said...

Both quilts are adorable. My favorite is still the applique. Your new grandson can never have too many new quilts from his grandma!!

Sue Daurio said...

love the panels and how you are going to put them together, can't wait to see it finished. The applique is adorable

Alycia said...

That is a great way to set those blocks!