Monday, April 4, 2011

Finally a Finish and Monday's Design Floor

Did you think I wasn't going to post again? I've been in California helping with my first grandson. His Mom was out of town so I got to help out. It was a good time even though I managed to catch a wicked cold. It started with my grandson and made the rounds to my son, then finished up with me. I did manage to finish the owl quilt for my second grandson (due in May). Here's a picture of the parents with it at a baby shower this weekend.
I was also able to get a start on a second quilt and this is what is on my design wall floor. The quilt was originally a cross stitch design that my daughter-in-law loved. I looked at it and told her that there was no way I would be able to finish it in cross stitch but I could copy it in applique. She has purchased and is making the matching birth sampler. I hope to work on the quilt some more this week.
 

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love those quilts, those are wonderful quilts for children.

Debbie

Jen said...

Aww...how cute! I love the little owls and am very impressed with the applique. It's darling. I couldn't imagine doing that in embroidery.

Stray Stitches said...

The owl quilt is cute and the other applique quilt is absolutely darling!

Karen said...

Happy, happy quilts!

Karen said...

I love the quilts. What a great gift for your grandsons.

Jennifer said...

What great grandbaby quilts and what a good idea to translate a cross stitch to an applique!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Adorable owl quilt and I like how you are transferring a cross-stitch pattern to applique Jill!

SueR said...

Owls seem to be the thing lately, and both your owls and the appliques on the other baby quilt are awfully cute! Congratulations on another grandbaby!

Barb said...

I love your first quilt....how adorable and the second one is going to be equally adorable.

Stephanie said...

Both are very cute quilts. Lucky little ones.

Ivory Spring said...

Those quilts are just to die for, Jill! Glad to hear that you got to spend some quality time with your grandson.

Great to hear from you. Hugs.