Monday, March 14, 2011

Design Wall Monday

This is my first design wall Monday. I visited Erin at One Piece at a Time and decided that maybe this is something I would like to do. On my design wall or I should say design floor is this quilt I'm making for my grandson. He is due in May. The pattern is Hooterville by Brandywine Designs and the fabric is Bright Quilter's Candy from Connecting Threads. If you have seen this pattern before you will notice that I have substituted the colorful squares with the center dot for the quarter square triangle blocks in the pattern. I can make quarter square triangles but I hate to and I'm really liking the dotted squares. I hope to get the machine applique finished today.
 If you would like to see other's design wall projects please visit here
Now on to other things. In my last post I was hoping to finish three blocks for a block of the month group I belong to. I only finished one before other obligations intervened. Purple is not a color I'm terribly comfortable with but I think this block looks pretty and sometimes even I go outside of my comfort zone. If you would like to see more about this eBOM, please see the post just before this one.
 I was a lucky winner at One Piece at a Time this week and won a Quilt in a Day Flying Geese Ruler. Thank you so much Erin! I'm so looking forward to trying this ruler.

9 comments:

Marti said...

What a cute quilt! I love the owls. I haven't seen the original pattern, but I like the way you have it.

Chris said...

Your owls are wayyyyy too cute. I love the quilt.

Connie said...

Cute quilt and love the owls! The purple block is beautiful!

WoolenSails said...

I love that quilt, it is so cute and I do love your dots.
It really brings it all together.

Debbie

Cathy said...

That owl quilt is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time. We have a grandson coming in May, as well.

Quilty Conscience said...

You are so clever! I too prefer the dots. You have great creative energy going on. Congrats on the forthcoming grandson! Toni

Ivory Spring said...

Oh, how adorable! I love it. Anything by Linda Hohag, I love!! Congrats on your grandson.

Stray Stitches said...

The owl quilt is adorable. I have the pattern and I think your selection of fabric is perfect! I also like the use of the center dot in the squares.
Your purple block is gorgeous. I'm not really a purple fan either but the color fits the block.

Micki said...

That is an adorable quilt!
Micki