Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Some New Projects

I know I'm supposed to be hard at work on my PhDs, but I wanted to fit in some quick projects first. The first project is one that I'm doing for the local guide that I belong to. I'm running the block of the month program this year and I decided to do something a little different. I designed a calender holder that allows you to use a paper calender and then you change out the block for each month. Most of the blocks I will use through the year will also be my designs. Here's a picture, it's kind of hard to describe with words.
 I'm also offering an alternative block, just in case the ladies don't care for the first one. I going to put my extra blocks in a quilt.
Now for project number 2. I received a Nook reader for Christmas and decided I really wanted a cover to keep it in when I wasn't using it. This is what I came up with. 
Front
Back
I utilized a braid technique that one of the ladies demonstrated at a guild meeting. I'm really liking the  results and I think I'll make a matching purse(my old one is getting holes).

Last, but not least I wanted to show you the beautiful broaches that my daughter made for me for Christmas.
Aren't they lovely? She is so talented!
 

2 comments:

JayTee said...

love the snowflake block...I wanted a nook too. Love the case for it

Karenkay said...

The snowflake quilt blocks are beautiful and your nook cover is great! Your daughter made beautiful flowers!!