Friday, January 7, 2011

First Post of the New Year

Here it is January 7th already and I'm just getting around to posting. I wish I could say it's because I've been sewing a lot, but to tell you the truth, I've been taking it easy and reading some good books. It's been really nice but now it time to get back to work. I have been doing a block of the month since September and I haven't blogged about it because I just wasn't all that excited about it. I knew I was going to do something to the blocks to make them more mine, but I wasn't sure what. Well I think I have finally figured it out. The blocks are fairly simple star blocks, so I have decided to incorporate a smaller star into the larger design. This will work with all of the blocks so far and I hope it continues to work with future blocks. So anyway, here is a picture of my December star block with the smaller star in the center. 
Please let me know what you think.
I will show you September's, October's, and November's as soon as I finish them.

13 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is a striking block with your additional star in the center Jill. Can't wait to see more.

Staci said...

This is just stunning! Eager to see more of your blocks!

Donna said...

Very pretty. I like the center star. It looks great. Happy quilting.

Ivory Spring said...

I think it's gorgeous, Jill! Did you paper-piece, or just normal machine piece?

Preeta said...

Its very nice.... What a great start...happy quilting

Jen said...

Beautiful! Very striking. It brings the block to a whole new level. Can't wait to see the rest!

Karenkay said...

The star is beautiful and I like the green fabric you chose!

Myra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Myra said...

Taking a break with a good book after the Season's festivities are all over is a very good idea... I can't recall when I've read a novel last... I think it is time... 8-)

Very stunning block!! I like it!!!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

orchidlover said...

Love that block. Can't wait to see the others in the series

Love and hugs Gina xxxx

Kristen said...

There are so many points on that center star! It looks fantastic!

Micki said...

I love the block! The black background really makes it pop!
Micki

Thearica said...

What do I think???

I LOVE that!!