Monday, January 24, 2011

Amys One Thing, One Week challenge, and I'm finally making progress on a Phd!

I was able to meet my goal for Amy's One Thing, One Week Challenge. I wanted to finish a new purse for myself and I did! I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's a messenger bag and took a lot of thought and math. If you read my last post, you will notice it matches my nook cover. There is even a pocket for my nook in it's cover.
 Please let me know what you think of my new bag.
I've also finally made some progress on a PhD. It's taken a while but I think I finally over my loooong mental block about finishing this quilt. Here is block 10. The lords a leaping. That's seven down and five to go on this quilt. As you can see it's not perfect, but near enough for me!

 

8 comments:

Teresa said...

hainIt looks good to me. And love your purse. Is the nook the same as kindle? You got it as a gift, did you perfer one over the other? I've been looking at them. Never thought you could have to many books until you have to pack & move them!!
Finished cleaning my sewing room, ok about 99%. Good enough for now. Now to get motivated to sew again...

Joan said...

I think the block is beautiful - lookd perfect to me. I dont think I could have done that...AND I do like your bag :)

Micki said...

I just love your block. What quilt pattern are you using?
Micki

Myra said...

Great bag! Love it! 8-)

You block looks wonderful!!! Good for you with your PhD progress...

Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

I love the purse! So cute! The block looks fabulous too! Good work!

QuilterMary said...

LOVE the messenger bag - is there a pattern? and it has a pocket for you NOOK. I LOVE my NOOK.

LOVE the "lords a leaping" - what pattern is that? Lots of love going around today!!

Ivory Spring said...

Bag is LOVELY! You make such lovely things. And your PhD block looks beautiful.

Solstitches said...

What do I think of your bag?
I think it is gorgeous!
I love bags and this one is a beauty.
Love the block too - how fun :)
Margaret